Wednesday 3 April 2013

Chanel Eye Shadow Quad in 18 Kaska Beige Review




Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow
18 Kaska Beige


Hey there! (Scroll down to bottom for personal update) Look I'm just come out and say it, I really reeeaaaally DO NOT recommened this quad. Phew, I'm glad I got that off my chest, if youre interested to here why though, keep on reading! (EDIT: After reading what I have just written I must say it doesn't reflect my normal professionalism, but if you're reading this then I must have decided to post it anyway!)
I bought this product quite some time ago (back when I was young and foolish) and didn't do a lot of research into it prior. Infact this was my exact mentality of purchasing it:
1. OMG OMG OMG CHANEL...I must have it.
2. I'm sure it going to be great, it is chanel after all
3. Its worth the money because theyre neutral shades, so I'll get plenty of use of it
4. It will be like my naked pallette only more compact and classier
 WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

Basically this pallette costs a limb and the colour pay off in return is awful. In the swatches above^ that is me pratically scrubbing the eye shadows to get a lil somthin' to photograph. Personally, if im going to pay thaaaat much for four eyeshadows, I would like to actually be able to see the product on my lovely little lids. I admit they are pretty to look at in the pan and the packaging is oh so chic, but at the end of the day this quad is just sitting in my drawer collecting dust. I do love how Chanel are thoughtful of their customers, as they provide a little booklet on how to apply the shadows and a protective velvet bags as well. Anywho, here are some pretty pictures of it...

Sorry this is quite a negative post (and a bit crazy, I'm quite excited if you can't tell), but I thought this needed to be said, but keep in mind that this is only my opinion, I'm sure there is someone somewhere in this world that loves this quad... maybe.

It's not letting me make those images any bigger, I'm very sorry! 

Personal Update: I am so very sorry I haven't been posting much as of late, I promise I do have a reasonable(ish) excuse, although you can be the judge of that:
1. Year 12! Recently it was  the end of term rush where every subject decides to give you a SAC which of course requires a boatload of studying and took up most of my time
2. I recently turned 17 & it was Easter, so my time has been spent a) throwing a birthday part for 70+ people, b) seeing family and c) consuming far too much chocolate
3. As mentioned I turned 17, which also turned into me thinking about what I am doing in life and thinking all things about the future, I might dare call it a quarter life crisis. But regardless, I have survived and belive it or not, I think I have finally decided on what I want to do with my future (or atleast the next 7 years). So if anything, I have had quite a rewarding crisis and now that I have worked out my hopes and goals, I can properly focus on those instead of worrying about what they should be... does that make any sense? It make sense in my teenage head, but to the rest of the world... maybe not. Alas, all is well and I think (fingers crossed) I will begin blogging on a more regular basis. Thank you all for sticking by meeeee! I hope you are all well
Ashleigh xo 

1 comment:

  1. hi
    i got that palette as well but i found that if you get a natural brush it'll just give a lot more colour. when i tried with the sponges that come with i was dissapointed as well... but now i love it :) i got the travel brushes from japonesque. it really made a difference, i could see streaks of colour where i went wrong!!! even with the lighter colours

    ReplyDelete