Sunday 14 April 2013

Benefit's Watt's Up Highlighter Review

 Hey there! On today's agenda I have a few snaps and a quick review of Benefit's renowned highlighter Watt's Up! A quick background on this product; this was a Christmas present to me from my family last year and it came in the 'Perk Up & Away' Gift Set. It comes in a very cute and quirky purple tube. You wind it up at the bottom and apply directly onto your cheek bones and then you can blend it out with the sponge applicator at the base. I personally apply it directly onto my cheekbones and blend it with my fingers, then with the excess I lightly run it down the bridge of my nose and cupids bow etc. 


Now onto the actually product, it is described as a 'soft focus highlighter for face'. I could bang on about this all day, but basically because it is that tan/golden highlight colour, it easily blends into foundation seamlessly  unlike white highlighters which can look a bit to obvious and I find it easier to apply than powder highlighters. So it is a creamy consistency which makes blending a dream, and then dries to a powder like finish. It has a great lasting powder and in my opinion just looks better as the day goes on! Unfortunately the rest of my highlighting products are now reserved in my draw, collecting dust because Watt's Up has become the number one, definitely better than any other highlighting product I've tried. 

Its not the cheapest highlighter on the block, nor is it the most expensive, coming in at AU$30 for 9.4grams. I love it and think it is worth it, because it has repressed any urges I have of buying any other highlighters and I know that it is going to last a very long time. I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning but I am a NW20 skin tone, or 'natural beige' in a lot of drug store foundations. I only say this for those who are thinking of buying this who have a pale complexion, you might need to get an opinion of someone of a similar skin tone, because like I said it is golden but blends well, so it might be a little bit too dark or it might be perfectly fine, I just can't confirm it. All in all, I highly recommend this product to everyone, but especially to those who are new to highlighting!

Ashleigh xo

No comments:

Post a Comment