Monday 28 January 2013

Chanel Poudre Universelle Compact

Natural Finish Pressed Powder in 20 Clare Translucent 1

Hey there! I’m going to be completely honest with you here and admit, I was conned into buying this product initially for the brand (consumerism at its finest). It is definitely one of the most expensive single products of my makeup collection but, I justified the expensive price tag by ensuring it was a staple makeup item that I would definitely get daily use of (plus it’s Chanel!)






 Pros: Let’s just get this out of the way, the packaging is gorgeous. It is timeless, chic but at the same time very practical. It comes with a mirror that covers the entire inner face and (before I used it) the printed ‘CHANEL’ in the actual powder was a very luxurious touch. The product itself is very good; in terms of a translucent powder it doesn’t leave the face chalky or looking very flat. It is very finely milled, as you would expect, so it applies easily and evenly to the skin. It is great at controlling shine and has a commendable lasting power. You also get a fairly reasonable amount of product in the pan, having a net weight of 15g (in terms of a reference a MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural is only 10g)

Cons: The most obvious con and possibly the only one would have to be the hefty price tag. There a million and one powders on the market that do the same job as this product for a fraction of the price. I don’t exactly believe that it was worth the money but at the same time I don’t regret buying it as it was a very luxurious  product that I know I will use. This may seem obvious but it might be worth mentioning that as this is a translucent powder it doesn’t provide any coverage.

The Verdict: If you are looking to buy a good translucent powder and have the cash to spend then I would recommend this one, or if you are looking for a versatile Chanel product that you will definitely use then this would be a commendable choice. On the other hand, you could definitely save yourself a few dollars and buy a cheaper setting powder and put the extra change away for a rainy day. This really isn’t a must-have product and I don’t see myself repurchasing it in the future but all in all, it does its job very well and I am a sucker when it comes to Chanel! 

Ashleigh xo

2 comments:

  1. Great Review!

    I'm so tempted to get this but as soon as I get to the Chanel counter I'd just but more and more unnecessary products :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D hahaha I know what you mean, my wallet definitely takes a beating when I go near a Chanel counter (or any makeup counter for that matter)
      xo

      Delete