Saturday 5 January 2013

Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck Vs. Wonderstruck Enchanted

Hey There! A little fact about you may not know about me is that I am a huuuuge Taylor Swift fan (or a ‘Swifty’ if you will)! It is because of this I, like many, went through the major dilemma of not knowing which one of her two perfumes to purchase (huge crisis, I know!) Luckily enough I received the ‘Wonderstruck Enchanted’ perfume recently for Christmas and my sister receives the ‘Wonderstruck’ original. So, to help out future Swifties or perfume lovers going through the same dilemma, I have comprised a little review and comparison of the perfumes to assist you in make your final decision!


Left: Wonderstruck 100mL
Right Wonderstruck Enchanted 100mL
** The notes I personally perceive as the most dominant have been written in bold**

Wonderstruck
Official Blurb: ‘In this fragrance, [is] a charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits kisses a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence.’
Head Notes: Blackberry, Raspberry, Freesia, Tea, & Apple Blossom
Heart Notes: Vanilla, Honey Suckle & Hibiscus
Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood, Amber & Peach
Packaging: A muted purple, rounded bottle, with a really original iridescent, reflective finish. It comes with a chain of three golden charms around the neck of the bottle; a open cage, a bird flying and a spiked ball structure.

 Personal Synopsis: This perfume is a very fun and a lot lighter than Wonderstruck Enchanted, but in saying that it is still a very noticeable/stand out fragrance. I believe it would be great for daily wear especially in the warmer months. It is a very sweet, so it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it wears nicely! It is definitely a fruity scent and I assume it is targeted at younger audiences (sorry to all the senior Swifties).

 Wonderstruck Enchanted
Official Blurb: An irresistible blend of luscious wild berries and sugar-glazed petals are wrapped in a touch of sensuality for a captivating signature.
Head Notes: Passionfruit, Poppy & Wildberry
Heart Notes: Peony, Champaca, Sugar & Freesia
Base Notes: Musk, Woody Notes & Vanilla
Packaging: A crimson red rounded bottle, with the same iridescent, reflective finish. It also comes with a chain of golden charms around the neck of the bottle.

 Personal Synopsis: This perfume is a lot deeper and richer than the original Wonderstruck so it is perfect for the colder months or would work perfectly as a night time scent. I would consider it sweet and fruity although more mature as it is a little warmer and spicer, so even the eldest of Swifties can wear it!


The Verdict: These two perfumes do carry some similar traits including the sweet berry and sugary notes as well as the vanilla and slight woody undertones. I will just put this out there right now; if you are not into the sweeter scents then I recommend you steer clear of this duo. If you are intending to wear this on a daily basis I would recommend going for the original Wonderstruck or for a more luxurious ‘special occasion’ scent the Wonderstruck Enchanted may be a more appropriate choice. The lasting power for both is moderate; it gets through just about the whole day in fact! I personally prefer the original Wonderstruck mainly for the peachy and a freesia notes. I’m sure I don’t need to say this but obviously everyone’s taste in perfume is different, what one person loves another person may hate, so I highly recommend grabbing a sample of each, keeping them for a few days and then deciding which one you’d prefer.

 I hope this has helped some of you make up your mind & please share your thoughts of these two fragrances in the comments; I would love to hear from you!

P.s. I am a bit torn; are these posts of a good length or are they getting too long? Please let me know!
Ashleigh xo

1 comment: