Wednesday 20 February 2013

Maybelline: One By One Volum’ Express Mascara Review

One By One Volum’ Express Mascara 
I am going to try my best and make this review a bit short and snappy because I am absolutely overwhelmed with homework/study that I should be doing right now! I bought this mascara back in January I believe (it was featured in my first little drugstore haul), mainly because it was on sale and I knew my well loved 'The Magnum' mascara was slowly reaching the end of its days. (P.S. you can check out a review of that mascara  HERE). I was hoping the One By One mascara would be a good replacement, but unfortunately I was sadly mistaken. I am just going to come right out and say it, I reeeeaally DO NOT recommend this mascara!
 The main reason why I don't like this mascara is because it smudges and flakes worse than anything I have ever used. In it's defence I am used to using waterproof mascara, (until recently I found out how detrimental that is to your lashes) but still the fact that I cant last a day a school without this causing panda eyes is a bit unforgivable. I also don't like that wand (although now I am just getting fussy with personal preference), it does do a great job of separating each individual lash, but the wand is so flimsy and rubbery that it was just annoying and unpleasant to apply. I won't go into too much more detail on the wand, as you can see the shape/size of it in the picture below, But I am sure some people out there really like wands like that, I know some of my friends do. It definitely lengthens the lashes quite well but cannot hold a curl to save it's life! The one thing that I do like about this mascara is that it comes off at night extremely easy, but like I said, it doesn't have great longevity in general. 

Overall I think that there a million and one other mascara options out there in the same price range that do a much better job than this one, (black smudging and flakes under your eyes is never a good look in my books!) I think I might just pass this mascara along to my sister, because I have got a fresh tube of the Maybelline Falsies mascara just waiting to be used! I am usually a fan of Maybelline mascaras, so I was quite surprised with how much I didn't like this one. 
Anywho, thats about all from my end! I hope all is well where ever you may be & have a lovely day!
Ashleigh xo




No comments:

Post a Comment