Sunday 17 February 2013

Makeup Products Finding A New Home

Hey there! This is a post that is pretty much in direct reference to my previous post, 'Makeup Confession', about cleaning out my makeup and not hoarding products that I never really use. I went through my makeup collection as promised and have picked out a handful of products that (for whatever reason) go untouched and will be given to a couple of my friends. There were a some 'if, buts and maybes,' over a few products that narrowly missed out on making this post, so I will be keeping a close eye on them and try to use them over the coming weeks to get my final opinion on them. Anywho I will stop yacking on and get started on the products and why I no longer want them! :)
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in (left) 09 Orange & (right) 05 Glow
I had heard some great reviews on these cream blushes and because you can't get NYX blushes here in Australia, I went a little bit crazy and bought three without even swatching them whilst holidaying overseas. I think the main reason why I haven't gotten on well with these blushes is because I have quite oily skin and their staying power isn't very good. When I applied these to my cheeks it honestly just reminded me of when I had acne on my cheeks in my younger years. They are quite greasy (not good for my oily skin at all) and seemed to just amplify the imperfections of my skin. I can't say it's specifically this cream blush to fault as these were the first kind of cream blush I have ever tried, I just dont think I am much of a cream blush kind of gal! A friend of mine is keen to try out some NYX products so I thought they might better off in her hands. As I said I did by three blushes, so I am hanging on to one of them; 'Natural,' just to give it a few more goes and see if I can make it work for my skin a little better. Side note: to increase the saying power of these blushes you can always set them with another powder blush, although to me that just seemed a little bit relentless and applying the cream blush in the first blush seemed a little pointless if I was just trying to cover it up.
Bobbi Brown Diamond Dust Shadow in Snowflake
Before I jump in I just want to point out that this eye shadow is no longer available from Bobbi Brown as they were from a collection with two other shades a few years ago I believe. It is basically a very icy white shadow that is really chunky/flaky. I guess that shouldn't exactly be a surprise considering the name of the product! I thought it would be a great inner highlight but it just doesn't look that great, it doesn't adhere well to the skin and the fact that is is so chunky is a turn off for me. 

Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc in #20
I love a lot of things about this eye shadow; the pigmentation, the texture, the packaging ect. It was actually a birthday present to me last year from my brothers girlfriend who was a training makeup artist for NP at the time, so whether or not these were available to the general public I am unsure (sorry), but I do know that the packaging overall has changed! So the only reason I am passing this eye shadow on is because blue is not my colour... at all, what. so. ever. I can't see myself pulling off a blue eye shadow look in a million years! Hence, I am giving it to someone who I think may actually be able to pull off a blue eye. I do however, have three other colour discs in more wearable colours which I do love and adore!

Napoleon Perdis Ultra Pearl in #27
Much of what I said before about the colour disc does for this product as well! Somehow it has an even more luxurious texture; so smooth and blends like a dream. To be honest I was a bit on the fence about getting rid of this eye shadow, because it is so lovely, but I have a friend in mind who I know will get a lot more use of it than I! I have more golden eye shadows than I need, and this one is just that little bit too yellow for my liking! That being said I wouldn't mind coming across this formulation of eye shadow in a few different shades!
Garnier Light Brightening Eye Roll On
Essentially this product is supposed to brighten under your eye (surprise surprise) and reduce the appearance of dark circles. To be blunt; I couldn't notice a difference when using this, actually it might just land it's way in the bin because it isn't really a product I would recommend for anyone. However, (it's not all bad news) I have used another Garnier roll on treatment for under you eyes which is tinted and uses caffeine I believe to immediately reduce dark circles/puffy eyes, and I really did enjoy that. So if you're interested, definitely give that one a go, its called the Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller.

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Passion
Somehow I managed to get this product confused with the Revlon Just Bitten KISSABLE BALM STAIN (which I looooooooooove)! This however is not something I would recommend at aaaaall, its basically just a pink texta/marker to draw on your lips! I only used it about twice, but I am told they dry out super quickly as well, I really urge to not bother with this product at all, ever! (Promise me you wont?)

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in 05 Brunette
I also bought this whilst I was holidaying just to try something new, because I had never come across something like it before. It is two different shades of brown (basically just eye shadows) and then a little pan of wax used to set your brows. I already have thick eyebrows and when I use something to try and fill them in or anything, I just look ridiculous! I was chatting to a friend and she was telling me how she was looking for a new brow product, so I just thought I should pass this along to her, as I struggle to see myself wearing it outside the confinement of my bedroom. I really have no comment on the quality of the product as I don't have any experiences with comparable brow powders and I only used it a handful of times (sorry, I know that is really not even a slightly helpful)!

There we have it folks, that is the first of my makeup clean outs! If you are interested in reading the post 'Makeup Confession', I will link it HERE! All in all, I think the people I am giving these products too will be happy to receive and it is actually quite a nice, refreshing feeling to pass these on!
I hope you are all having a loooovely weekend,
Ashleigh xo

No comments:

Post a Comment