Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Years Resolutions for 2013

Hey There! It feels like only yesterday that it was the start of 2012 but, believe it or not,a whole year has just gone by and now, ready or not, we are about to face a newone. I am now 365 days older than I was last January, hence I am now 365 daywiser and if there was one thing I learnt from 2012 it was this: PLANNING ISIMPORTANT! Before I get too ahead of myself I should probably point out why Iam making this post. Basically I want to have a written down and publicallypublished copy of my goals for 2013, so I can refer back to them regularly aswell as use this as an element of motivation. Basically there are four mainareas of my life which I want to put the most energy towards in 2013 which kindof ties in with the typical New Year’s resolutions concept.

These areas include:


1.      Schooling; itbeing my final year of high school, it is the one year that really that counts!To get the ATAR I need for my desired university course I must study, study and… you guessed it, study!
Plan of attack: Study at least fourdays a week at a bare minimum, keep track of my study sessions, be harder on myselfin terms of discipline and always put my study first!

2.     AshsBeautyBag; Ireally am passionate about this newly created blog, it’s been something I’vewanted to do for a very long time and now I have finally pushed myself to doit! I’ve already got a list of posts I want to do and I cannot wait to get themoff the ground!
Plan of attack: Create a regular posting schedule which entails three blogposts a week. At the moment I am thinking Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundaysalthough depending on your time zone this may in fact be Tuesdays, Thursdaysand Saturdays.

3.     Health; I know this seems likea common goal but I really want to try to eat clean and exercise regularly toimprove my fitness levels and for toning purposes.
      Plan of attack: Aim to go to the gym a minimum of two times a week in Januaryand then get into a consistent routine when the school year starts. To controlmy eating I will keep a diary or Myfitnesspal account to help motivate and keeptrack of what I’m eating.

4.     Organisation; I’llbe the first one to admit this, I am a VERY unorganised person and it is one ofthe things I dislike most about myself. I am always late, I lose everything Iown and I struggle to keep my room neat, but this year I will strive to changethis!
Plan of attack: Increase my self-disciplineby not allowing myself any free time until my room is clean; which will need tobe done daily. To keep track of past and future events I will need to keep adiary and finally create a weekly schedule to plan my forthcoming days.

I’m sorry if this was a bit of a boring post, I really don’t expect anyone to read it but…there we have it, my New Year’s resolutions for 2013 (fingers crossed they last)!

What are your resolutions and goals for 2013?

Ashleigh xo

No comments:

Post a Comment